Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tong Yuen Day!

Today is Tong Yuen day...In modern times, it is a time for the family to get together. One activity that occurs during these get together is the making and eating of Tong Yuen
(
湯圓 , as pronounced in Cantonese ; Mandarin Pinyin : Tang Yuán ) or balls of glutinous rice, which symbolize reunion. Tong Yuen are made of glutinous rice flour and sometimes brightly colored. Every one in the family receives at least one large Tong Yuen and several small ones. The flour balls may be plain or stuffed. Either stuffed with brown sugars or black glutinous rice. They are cooked in a sweet soup or savory broth with both the ball and the soup/broth served in one bowl.

My hubbie's mother said the Tung festival is bigger than Chinese New Year. Today my mommie cooked 4 of my favourite dishes...fried brinjal + belacan, steamed chicken (so smooth), cod fish and vegetable. She even boiled soup. Just some small gathering eating together with my family. It is happy enough for me. Having a peaceful dinner together...haha...not that I don't have peaceful dinner before...just that everyone is so busy with their own work, we rarely have dinner together...so it's great to have together eventhough we don't talk during dinner. You see, my daddie is a manager accountant, so he is very busy this few months...then my sister is busy with her games...hahah...just finished her A-Level examination so she is kinda free now...playing her online game. Then as for me..I am busy with my practicals and exams..soon I will be even busier than now.

A happy and relaxing day...I hope everyday is like this...but everyone is just so busy with their own work.

4 Comments:

Blogger 1+2mom said...

1+2dad house very seldom sit together eat, but last time my home sure everyday sit together eat every meal except breakfast. I like the feeling that have every meal together with the family, it kind of worm.
For me, i usually eat together with 1+2dad but b4 that i feed all my kids first just to have a peac e dinner.

12:56 am  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hehe....yeap yeap...its so nice eating together. Happy family...like your blog's tittle...

1:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info pamela anderson nude playboy pictures Condom blonde fuck Malpractice lanphier Pain with clomid scholarships for arkansas residents http://www.voyeur-4.info/pamela-anderson-lee-hardcore.html Loose stocking babes Crown princess cruise Boy milf hot asian banana Asian ass sample http://www.milfnextdoor1.info

4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

7:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home