Friday, January 20, 2006

Ponggal Festival Celebration~~

Today in my college, we have this celebration for Ponggal Festival. According to my Clinical Instructor's explaination. Ponggal is a mixed cultural festival for harvest month and also thanksgiving to those whom helps in their plantation eg cow. So they will make Ponggal which are rice, raisin or green peas cooked in cow milk with lotsa sugar to make it taste sweet in a pot. Every semester made for their own semester. Then we have this Ronggoli competition among semesters. Sadly to say our semester didn't win but then I had fun making it since it's my first time doing so.

My semester!






Semester 5
Semester 3







Semester 2








Semester 1


Then we have another exciting competition which is the Miss Ponggal Competition. Two of my friends participate,
so we just help out in make-up and my indian friends do the tying up of the dress.


Our beautiful contestant. And the champion is



Unfortunately only one of our contestant won. And became Miss Ponggal. The other runner up were from another semester.


So the day ends there! I didn't go for the tea time. I just went back straight away.
Had so much fun! First time celebrating Ponggal Festival. Something new to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home